Friday, August 2, 2013

Goals on the Homestead

     My husband and I are inching our way closer and closer to the lifestyle we want and need. It is a one step at a time process, but our dreams are in sight. We now have most of our consumption needs. We have our meats, dairy within the next year, and vegetables. Although, the vegetable process has been a struggle due to uncooperative weather patterns the past couple years, as well as financial set backs. As I look out our window I witness the accomplishments that I can only give most credit to my husband. He works so hard here to have what we have. While working a 40 hour work week, it is amazing what we have done thus far. I could only imagine what would be accomplished if we did not have the 40 hours taking up our time here. Some of my goals that I wish to have happen within the next year is to have a better surviving garden. We also will need to plant at least double what we did this year. Hopefully next year we will not have the financial hardships as we did this year. I would like to accomplish planting field corn for the animals consumption and be able to grow our own hay. One more thing I would like to accomplish is growing wheat and be able to process my own flour. I would like to at least double our fruit orchard in the hopes of wine making in the years to come. This is just the few things that would greatly improve our wonderful lil homestead. With everything that we have accomplished in a few short years, I have no doubt that we will accomplish this and more in the next couple years!

                                           Our Beautiful Guy Protecting His Hens and Home

No comments:

Post a Comment